Apr 21, 2011

The Shoe Who Lived In a GREEN House


With Earth Day just around the corner, as promised I am back to let you in on secret use #2 for the old salad containers. Remember these from yesterday's post?


This time you'll want to take a little extra effort and peel off the labels so they don't look quite so cheap...


As I said yesterday, while recycling is good sometimes re-purposing is even better!! Just look at what I have been doing with these bad boys for the past few years...


That's right, instant shoe box. These babies are the perfect size (seriously, I wear a size 8 which is pretty much the average ladies size) and my heels just happen to fit perfectly...this one can even hold this little matching clutch.


Now, I rarely wear heels anymore, and I NEVER use the matching clutch, but it is always nice to gaze up to the top shelf of my closet every once and again and see my pretty little shoes stacked up and on display...

Hmmm...Looks like We Need Better Lighting in This Here Closet...
**NOTE** That is only a fraction of the shoes that are normally on display - I am still in the middle of the closet project so I only put a few back in there so you guys could get the gist...did ya get it?

I know what ya'll are thinking, "Is there any end to her amazing creativity and constant frugality?" Well, I suppose some of you may be thinking, "This girl is crazy - don't she know she can get plastic shoe boxes at the $Store...". In response I must say - indeed I am frugal (and quite crafty if I do say so myself) and yes, I am aware of the $store shoe boxes but this seems so much better because it is...hmmm...what's the word...FREE!! :)

Now for all you crafty folks - don't stop there - you could bedazzle these bad boys or even do a little spray glue/fabric action. For me, clear is the new black...it just works... Oh, and don't forget to poke a few holes in the sides. Just like the greenhouse, these babies may need a little fresh air to, ahem, breath...

What are you guys re-purposing these days? Anything thrifty you'd like to share?? Feel free to leave a comment and/or a link to your latest and greatest. For now I am off to prepare for Foodie Friday AND...yes, ONE MORE GIVEAWAY!!!

Bianca Repurpose lettuce containers, green greenhouse,

Linking up to the following: Sumo's Sweet Stuff, It's So Very Cheri, Thrifty Decor Chick, Keeping it Simple, Today"s Creative Blog, Organize With Sandy, Blue Cricket Design, New Nostalgia, All Thingz Related, Hope Studios, The Thrifty Home, My Backyard Eden, DIY by Design, Tip Junkie, At Home With K, Sugar Bee Crafts, Coastal Charm, Young Nester, Someday Crafts, Night Owl Crafting, Creations By Kara, Sew Much Ado, Eisy Morgan, Pink Postcard, A Little Tipsy, Beyond The Picket Fence, It's FUN to craft!, The DIY Show Off, The Shabby Chic Cottage, What Allie's Making Now, Stuff and Nonsense, At The Picket Fence, Tales from Bloggeritaville, Blue Creek Home, My Cottage Charm, 504 Main, Fireflies and Jellybeans, Tatertots and Jello, The Shabby Nest, French Country Cottage, Home Sweet Farm, Finding Fabulous, Chic on a Shoestring Decorating, Between Naps on the Porch, The Girl Creative, mad in crafts, C.R.A.F.T., Skip to my Lou, Making the World Cuter, Dittle Dattle, Support Blog for Moms of Boys, Christina's Adventures, Young Nester, Informal Home, Rhinestone Beagle, The Frugal Girls
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...