Mar 24, 2011

Pssst...check it out! NEW LINKY PARTY!!!

Hey guys - It has been a super busy week for me but in such a great way!  I have been trying to keep up with some linky parties which is clearly a must to drive traffic to a new blog such as yours truly.  I am so grateful to have fund out that I was recently featured on Organize with Sandy for my big office makeover!!  It seems I am not the only one doing some spring cleaning!  Check out her blog and drop a comment to let her know you were there!!


In all the linky madness I decided perhaps it is time I throw on my best apron and host my own party!  I have dusted off the old brain and started my thinking machine to decide what in life gives me the greatest pleasures...  In no particular order here is my top 5 pure pleasures:

  1. E and Bubba - my main confidants and support system...well, not actually always a pleasure but more often than not!
  2. Food/Wine
  3. DIY projects and any kind of tool that goes with it!
  4. My Vegetable Garden
  5. Traveling
Ok - family is in there with E and Bubba but overall I don't think a party based around my family would be all that exciting.  Don't get me wrong...we know how to party but it's more of the "had to be there" type that won't quite translate to blog land.  Traveling is almost non existent for us right now so that idea fell flat.  My gardening season has yet to start as it just snowed in Chicago...AGAIN!  Arghhh...  Do you see where I am going with this, peeps?

I have decided that no party is complete without the food and wine.  So bring it on folks - this here party is potluck style!  :)  Please join me tomorrow in my first official linky party...

FOODIE FRIDAY!!

The following are pics of me enjoying my food...oh, how I LOVE me some food!! Notice the determination.  It is awe inspiring...

Nathans in Coney Island with My Sis

Fresh Crab at Fisherman's Wharf...Watch it, Bird, or You're Next!
Not Even the Thought of Eating on a Toilet Will Stop ME!!

That's right, folks, Friday is all about the food.  I spend most of my time writing about my house and projects but as soon as I have logged off I go straight to the kitchen...and wine rack.  I thought this would be a nice opportunity to do a once weekly post on food and what it means to us, tips and trick of cooking, memories of childhood dishes...anything related as long as it has something to do with food!  My stomach is grumbling just thinking of all the tasty dishes you may come up with...mmmm donuts....

E and I will be picking a few recipes each week to test out and then feature the next week.  In our house I do a majority of the cooking...probably 99% though I am sure E would argue that point.  This way we will be cooking together while doing something blog related...it's all about killing 2 birds with 1 stone or some other equally disturbing analogy.  

Please stop in tomorrow and show your support by linking up.  I can't wait to see what ya'll have been cookin, eating, growing, etc!!  

Bianca Foodie Friday, linky party, grow your own vegetables, recipe linky party, Homer Simpson mmmm donuts, Nathans on Coney Island, Fisherman's Wharf San Francisco Crab, 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...