Feb 22, 2011

Shhhh....I'm trying to be Creative!

There is something going on over here and I can not wait to show you!  This will be a bit of a teaser post so I apologize in advance.  Here is a sneak peak of the outcome from our Ikea trip yesterday...
 

Though I will resist the urge to tell you directly what is going on you can be assured I am mucho exciteedo (that is E's way of speaking Spanish - he adds an O to the end of any word...charming, right?).  This all started with my post yesterday and my dream office shown here:


Seriously, can you guess it?  I really hate to give away my surprise...Oh, geeze, who am I foolin'!  I can't keep this a secret!!  It is too exciting for me!!

I AM RECREATING THIS OFFICE!! RIGHT NOW - AS I TYPE!!!  IT IS HAPPENING!!!

Phewww - I am glad I got that out!  After reading yesterdays post (Big brownie points to my husband!) E insisted that we head to Ikea and buy exactly what I wanted.  This is a hard one for me as I like to reuse things we have in the house or create what we need from scratch but when it comes down to it me getting what I wanted and getting it soon done pulled rank here.  I have been circling this office project for a long time now and I think he was done seeing me at odds with it...sometimes we need the encouragement to spend!  


My dream office is from a Martha Stewart article seen here and circulated throughout Blog Land.  Take some time to check out her whole post as it is fab - I am loving the entire house and design but this office is sooo within reach of what I can do!!  Obviously my office will be a bit different here and there but the overall design will be the same.  It turns out no matter how much I love my current desk it just doesn't have all that I need I require for an office space.  My plan is to incorporate my current desk (after a quick zip of the circular saw) on one end and a new door table top for the long side but who knows if that will change between now and completion!  Oh, and the shelf thing from this weekend (seen here)...though I love the fabric shelf, this just isn't what I had in mind for my space. 


I hope to be able to reveal parts of this transformation as I go along.  I am also hoping to have this baby finished by Sunday when we host our First Annual Oscars Showdown.  NO PRESSURE!!!


Please stay tuned for updates and progress shots...


Bianca
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...