Apr 19, 2011

Artichoke and Walnut Dip - This Stuff Will Make Angels Sing! :)

Let me set the scene for you...I am stuck at home with no car.  Not only am I stuck at home with no car - I have no friggin' groceries and me so hungry!!

Yesterday I took my car n for an oil change and surprise surprise it needed about $1400 dollars worth of extra work to it.  Yes, I know this is a common occurrence for mechanics who see a young lady (OK, maybe I'm not a lady...more of a chick, but they don't know that!) come in and have no idea what she is doing and try to pull the old up-charge trick.  But this gal ain't so dumb.  Not only is my Dad a race car driver in his spare time but I dated a mechanic for several years AND my 2 neighbors are structural engineers who do cars on their spare time...this chick ain't naive!!  Regardless...after explaining the repairs to said ex boyfriend mechanic it turns out, indeed, I do need those things done!!  Great... I have been advised to bring the car to another mechanic (one that preferably does not specialize in oil changes) and have it looked at again.  As of now, my car is being held hostage at the first mechanics while I wait for a ride to get it and bring it to the new mechanics...still with me?  Regardless, I am without car and without groceries...what's a girl to do??  Take it to the mattresses pantry!  (If ya'll missed that reference you best watch The Godfather pronto!!)

Artichoke Walnut Dip On Crostini's


In my opinion - everyone should have these ingredients in their pantry, fridge, or freezer.  They are just a simple must have:


  • 1 Cup Walnuts (I am sure you could use whatever type of nut you want but these work really well!)
  • 1 Bag frozen Artichoke Hearts (rinsed and thawed) or 1 Can (drained and rinsed)
  • 3 chopped cloves of garlic - add more or less to your liking
  • 1 tsp Dried Parsley...If you have fresh that's even better!!
  • 1 lemon BOTH the zest and the juice
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • Salt and Pepper (1/2 tsp each)
This is SOOO simple - are you ready??

  1. Throw your walnuts in the food processor and pulse about 8 times.Take the lid off...
  2. Zest the lemon right over the bowl then squeeze lemon juice on top
  3. Throw in the artichoke's, olive oil, chopped garlic, parsley, salt and pepper...
  4. Pulse about 10-15 times depending on your chunky preference
YOU'RE DONE!!

Need it in pictures??





It may look a little blah on it's own but I can assure you it tastes divine!!

I like to dress this up with a simple crostini then sprinkle with paprika for a bit of color.  I have also been known to sprinkle with cheese and throw said crostinis' under the broiler for a minute...it is really up to you!!  Today I was wanting it cold so I went with this...


...and better yet, with this...


Now I'm not missing my car so much!

Thanks for stopping in - did you cook up anything good today?  Working on any projects around the house??  Feel free to leave a comment with your latest and Greatest and if you were doin' some cooking don't forget to linkup to Foodie Fridays hosted by yours truly every Tuesday...just kidding - every Friday!! 

Bianca Foodie Friday, Walnut Artichoke Dip, How to grate a lemon for lemon zest,

PS - I am linking up with some FAB ladies!! Check them all out here!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...